Sunday, July 8, 2012

Next up is to get rid of the 30 year old brown carpet and install some dark wood style vinyl flooring.
Normally this color is special order but I just happened to come across this one box at HomeDepot for $38. It tucked nicely under the cabinets without having to lift them and is screwed down on one side with the silver sliding door trim.
I highly reccomment the Allure flooring as it was very simple to cut and install. All I needed was a tape measure, knife and straight edge. Total time was approx 2 hours and the longest time was removing the carpet from under the cabinets as I didn't want to lift them out.

Here is some of the debris that builds over 30 years from the rear bench. I also found 2 bullets from a .357 Magnum along with unlimited dog-hair and kibble! The biggest improvment after this upgrade is there is no more "old carpet" smell and it is super quick and easy to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment