Sunday, July 8, 2012

My overall goal is to modernize the interior so next up was to reupholster the rear bench/bed cushions. After deciding that doing this myself was out of the question, I took the cushions to Beaverton Auto Upholstery. I also bought a 2.5" gel memory foam mattress topper from Costco to add on top of the original cushions. Here are the end results after deciding on a dark graphite grey suede fabric
Here is the new side armrest installed. I took the oportunity to spray the rear side panels with black matte paint. I originally wanted to get new panels and cover them in fabric but the spray can black doesn't look too bad for now...we'll see. I also picked up a 3'x4' door mat that fit almost perfectly over the engine cover for $11 at Home Depot
New rear bench installed
The edges are a little more rounded than the original cushions but it is much more comfortable
Quite happy with the work from Beaverton auto upholstery. They charged $425 for the 3 main cushions and the arm-rest. The gel memory foam mattress topper was another $99 from Costco. So a whole "new" rear bench/bed for just over $500 isn't too bad in my books

No comments:

Post a Comment