Wednesday, June 20, 2018

El Prado and Blackstar campout.

It's been a while since we have had the opportunity to camp so our most recent outings filled the void. El Prado is one of the largest VW shows of the year in Southern California and I have tried to make this an annual event. Even though I was still recovering from a cold, I managed to pack up the van for an overnight with Brooke and Catherine (sans wife!!). After circling the campground a few times our friends Pam and Andi offered a perfect spot on the grass with a great vantage point of the lake that was also close to the show the next morning.


After an early night, we were woken up before sunrise to the familiar sound of air-cooled engines passing by as they set up for the show.

It seems like this show just gets bigger and bigger every year and we saw the nicest collections of Type 3 and VW Things I have ever seen in one place.

I consider myself a VW fanatic so it is always a joy for me to see not only the sheer number of vehicles that gathered but also the passion that others have for the brand. Knowing the day's forecast was going to be a hot one, we left quite early but not before seeing a very rare VW Kubelwagen - the original light military vehicle designed by Ferdinand Porsche.

No comments:

Post a Comment