Monday, October 17, 2016

Malibu

I must admit that I do miss experiencing the distinct seasonal changes living in Southern California but I can't complain too much when you can head to the beach in October and still enjoy beautiful sunny and warm weather. With my wife off work during the weekday, we were able to secure some beach camping at Sycamore Cove campground.
I'm happy we decided to bring our bikes because in addition to the 5 miles of shoreline, there was over 70 miles of hiking/biking trails.
 
This doesn't look like much of a hill but I was pretty spent after climbing it with the trailer.
Sandwich break.

After biking we were able to take a short walk to the beach to cool off.
The campground is part of Point Mugu park which features the distinctive Mugu Rock.
 
Meanwhile, back at camp..
 We cooked up some dinner.
Then got things ready for star gazing followed by bed.
After packing up, we took our time getting back home so we could view the beautiful coastline.








No comments:

Post a Comment